Friday, June 14, 2013
Chapter 8: Economics
Looking back on my own educational experiences I've noticed that economics had not been heavily featured. I have only had one economics course in high school that was required. In fact, there were only two economics courses that a student could even take. Both of which required a junior or senior status. Looking through the standards, I am surprised how in elementary school my teachers barley touched on the concepts of economics. I wish there was more emphasis put on the subject when I was younger. Maybe then I would not have had such a hard time in high school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Libbi, I definitely agree! I had a very similar experience to you during school. I think the lesson really helped open my eyes though and hopefully inspired you to incorporate economics in your future classroom and change children's perceptions!
ReplyDelete