Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chapter 5

"I believe that the [new technology] is destined to revolutionize our educational system and that in a few years it will supplant largely, if not entirely, the use of textbooks."
~Thomas Edison, 1922 

The quote above by Thomas Edison (found in the chapter Powerpoint) gives a great definition of technology.  Even from 1922, Thomas Edison could see the importance and value of technology. New technology is constantly being released for the world and the educational system. Each technology created can be helpful in one way or another. Such as smart boards and how they allow interaction and collaboration between the classroom. Then there are assistive technologies, such as DynaVox that allows an individual to communicate who is unable. Technology continuously intrigues interests and never ceases to amaze me.  Where we are at technologically can seem like all we need to do is ask or generate ideas and we can make it possible with technology. With all of the technology out there, I wonder where we will be 10 or even 20 years from now. What will the world think of next?

TECHNOLOGY IS AMAZING AND CAN MAKE OR BREAK A CLASSROOM!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, Libbi! Technology is amazing and I can't believe all of the new tools that have become available even in the last 5 years that have completely changed the world as we know it. I am still amazed at all of the new tools that have become available for students to enhance their learning and make their educational experience amazing.

    ReplyDelete